Ud-30900pdz hub, connecting a surfacepro4 to this hub

Is just the USBC cable connection needed, or do I connect from the mini HDMI port as well?

Hi Tris,

Thank you for contacting us, I am happy to help!

This docking station connects to the computer using the provided USB-C data cable, no HDMI connection from the computer to the docking station is required.

The docking station requires the host computer to support USB-C optional features:

• USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode - This is a direct connection from the computer’s internal graphics controller to the USB-C port, it is required to enable the docking station’s “HDMI 1” output port.
  • USB-C Power Delivery - Allows the computer to be powered or charged through the USB-C port.

Not all computers support these optional features, and I would be more than happy to help determine if your computer is compatible with this docking station.

For Windows:

1. Open the Start Menu and search for “msinfo32” and launch the first search result
  2. Please let me know the values from the following entries ( on the right column ):
    2a) “System Model”
    2b) “System SKU”
  3. Please feel free to attach a screenshot of this window to your reply email if you prefer by using the Windows Snipping Tool ( from the Start Menu search for “Snipping” ) and I can get the details from there

For macOS:

1. Open the Apple Menu > About this mac…
  2. Please let know the system model details and macOS version from this page
  3. Please feel free to attach a screenshot of this window to your reply email if you prefer by using the macOS screenshot hotkey combination [Command ⌘]+[Shift ⇧]+[4] then dragging a selection box around the window, the screenshot will be saved to the desktop and can then be attached to your reply email.

Thank you, I look forward to your reply!

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com