UD-3000 Hangs on Windows 7.1 After Unplug, Replug In

Hi, I have a UD-3000 USB hub that I’m using with a Windows 7.1 laptop. When I unplug the UD-3000, the laptop reverts to using its builtin monitor, which is fine. But when I plug in the UD-3000 again, the docking station never gets used. If I go to Screen Resolution, the external monitor is not detected. I have to reboot the laptop before the docking station becomes usable again.

By contrast, I also have a Windows 8.1 laptop, and with that one I can unplug the UD-3000 and replug it in later. On that system the UD-3000 starts working again automatically after I replug it in.

Is this just a limitation of Windows 7, or is there some workaround? I would like to be able to switch back and forth between my Windows 7.1 and Windows 8.1 laptops with this docking station without having to reboot the Windows 7.1 laptop each time.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention, the install was from DisplayLink_7.9M3.exe.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the docking station isn’t working as expected with your Windows 7 system. I would be happy to help!

Thank you for taking the time to test with another system running Windows 8.1, that lets us know the dock itself is working properly. Based on your description of the behavior it sounds like there may be a USB issue at play here. The next steps would be to keep everything connected to the Windows 7 system and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 126491’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. If you can also include your Amazon Order ID number in your email that would be most helpful.

Just send us the file when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Bob, I upgraded the Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller as directed, and rebooted. However, the next time I unplugged and replugged the UD-3000 unit, it still didn’t work. I’ve run the diagnostic utility again and emailed it to you (with the subject line “Ticket #126519 (Was RE: Ticket 126491)”).

Thanks for your help!

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for getting back, and sorry for the delay in my reply. I just sent a response to your direct email with the next steps.

Thank you,

Bob