ubs-c triple display docking station. 4k output stops

I have a triple display ubsc plugable. two monitors are connected via the HDMI ports. On occation, typically when I am away for a while, the 4k port will stop displaying. cannot recover without power cycling the plugable unit. two monitor are identical and resolution is at 1920x1080. unplugging from laptop does not resolve. Unpluggin hdmi cable does not help.

How do i resolve the loss of one monitor?

laptop is a yoga 910 . it is closed if that matters.

this unit… https://plugable.com/products/ud-ultcdl

Hello Dan,

Thanks for contacting us! I’d be happy to assist you with this issue.

Are you using the USB-C to C cable that shipped with the dock or a 3rd party cable?

Can you tell me what make and model monitor you have?

Thank you,
Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

I am using a 3rd party ubsc-usbc cable. 1m. Viewsonic va2259-smh.

At this time, it has happened twice in two weeks. Not in the last 5 days.

Thanks for the info Dan!

Unless you have a specific purpose to use a 3rd party cable I’d recommend that if it keeps happening you might try swapping back to the USB-C cable that shipped with the dock which is also 1m long. If you need a replacement we can arrange one to be sent out.

Thanks,
Josh

i swapped in the plugable 1m ubsc-ubsc cable about two days ago. The same monitor was lost today.

Laptop was in used for several hours, left 6 hours, condition was present.

Rebooting the ud-ultcdl resolved issue.

Let me know if you think this unit needs to be replaced.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for trying the cable. Since it is also doing it, we may need to send a replacement dock. There’s one last thing we can check and that’s for anything on the software side. We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Thanks,
Josh

happened again, email sent.

File received. I will take a look and be in touch directly via email.

I have exactly the same issue - with an HP laptop and an Acer screen running in 1920 x 1080 from the 4K port. Leave the system for a while and once the laptop has switched the screen off you can’t get it to come back on - no signal detected. Might be something to do with Windows power management on the laptop rather than the USB-C triple display dock - but it requires a hard reboot of the dock which is annoying.

Hi Matt,

Please contact us at support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to assist you with your issue!

Best,
Josh