Trying to output a Plugable USB-4KHDMI to TV and it says that there is no signal?

I have 2 new 4k tv’s and I have the plugable 4k usb adapter installed on my computer. The TV’s say that there is no signal, but Windows sees that they are there. No picture on TV’s. Help!!!

Hi Howard,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Just to make sure I have all of the right information, would it be possible to obtain the individual model numbers of the 2 TV’s you are attempting to connect?

Also, inside of Windows 10 Display Settings, for each external display that is connected, there should be a “Multiple Displays” label, with a drop down box below it. What option is selected inside of this drop down box?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Howard to obtain some additional information, and work through some basic troubleshooting to see what could be causing the problem, but did not receive any response back.

If Howard would like to continue troubleshooting, or any one else is experiencing similar issues, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support