Transfer files from Vista to Windows 8.1

Can I use the Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 and later/Vista/XP to transfer files from my laptop running Vista to a laptop running Windows 8.1? Will I need to do anything besides just connecting the cable to both laptops?

Hi Susan,

Thanks for contacting Plugable!

You will need to install the “Bravura Easy Computer Sync” software on both your Vista and 8.1 system. A license key for this software is sent via email after the cable is purchased.

After you install the software on both systems and attach the cable between the computers, you can start the transfer process. (It is not automatic - you will need to manually select what you would like copied using the Bravura software.)

We have a helpful overview of the process on our site. Please feel free to have a look at the necessary steps (you’ll want to scroll down the page to the section titled “Using Bravura Easy Computer Sync”):
http://plugable.com/2012/03/12/unleas…

Thanks!
Gary

hi - i cannot find where you have sent me any license key to install bravura - pls adv - everything at a standstill - thank you - this is ia bit more confusing than i remember with belkin going from xp to vista

katherine

Katherine Busch less than a minute ago
hi - i cannot find where you have sent me any license key to install bravura - pls adv - everything at a standstill - thank you - this is ia bit more confusing than i remember with belkin going from xp to vista

katherine

Hi Katherine,

We’ve just resent the license key to the email address that is associated with the Amazon account used to purchase the software. If you have not received it, please send us an email at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread:
http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

Thanks!
Gary

Hi Susan,

Just wanted to post a quick note here in response to your initial inquiry and subsequent follow-up emails requesting the Bravura license key.

We’ve attempted to respond to your emails, and resent the email license key 5 times. I suspect your spam/junk email filter settings might be blocking the mail. If you get this, please have a look in your junk folders.

Thanks!
Gary

I finally received it! I don’t know what kept happening. It wasn’t in spam or anywhere that I could determine. I will attempt to make the transfer over the next couple of days. Thanks for your help.
Susan