The power plug for my USB hub (model number USB3-HUB7-81x) stopped working.

I noticed a few days ago that my laptop wasn’t recognizing several devices connected via my Plugable hub (model number USB3-HUB7-81x). I unplugged it and re-plugged it, I tried to do a reset per instructions on this site. Nothing is working. Please advise.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting us! We’re sorry to hear that your Plugable USB 3.0 7-Port Hub isn’t being recognized by your laptop as connected.

We appreciate you trying the hub reset. Below are a few other things to check that will help us determine the cause of this issue:

1. Confirm that the LED lights above each port are lighting up and staying lit while devices are connected.

2. Double check that the LED Indicator light on the hub’s power adapter is also lit and staying lit consistently while connected to the hub and power outlet.

3. If all of the LED lights on the hub and power adapter are behaving normally, please try connecting the hub’s USB cable to a different port on your computer or test the current port with a known working USB device.

Please let us know if the hub’s behavior changes after trying any of the above steps. If it does not, we have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this.

Please plug the device into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once the program finishes running, please send the .zip log file it creates on your desktop as an email attachment to support@plugable.com.

We’ll review the logs and look for another cause and solution to this hub connection problem. We appreciate your patience through the troubleshooting process.

Thank You,

Amanda
Plugable Technologies

There are no LED lights working on either the plug or the hub. I am sending the zip file now. Thank you.