The docking station has stopped working completely.

I installed the docking station yesterday and it was working perfectly. Today when I booted up none of the devices connected to the docking station are functional (display, keyboard, mouse). The power LED is glowing but the USB Hub LEDis not lit.

Hello, thanks for contacting Plugable support. We’re sorry the Plugable docking station you purchased is not functioning properly. I want to help you get it running satisfactorily as quickly as possible. I need a little more information to clarify what is going on.

1. What is the make and model of the computer to which you have attached the dock?

2. If you take the following steps:

– shut down your computer,
– disconnect the dock,
– reboot your computer and log in, and
– reattach the dock,

does it work again as it did on first use?

1. If the answer to No. 2 is yes, what devices are attached to the dock (both the dedicated ports and generic USB ports)?

Thanks for the feedback to these questions. Your answers will help me make a determination about what the next steps should be in the support process. Just reply to this message to continue the conversation. We’re here to help.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

1. The computer is a Samsung, model NP700Z5B-S01UB

2. I shutdown the computer, disconnected the docking station, rebooted the computer, and then reconnected the docking station. This made no difference at all.

3. The connected devices are: Dell keyboard model L100, Dell mouse M056UOA, Dell monitor E228WFPc, Dell speakers AX210, Logitech webcam

Please note: I have been able to get the docking station working (at least for now) by moving the connection at the laptop from a USB 2 port to a USB 3 port.

Hi, thanks for the great feedback. I’m happy you seem to have found a workaround, but let’s see if we can do work to improve the overall stability of the configuration.

The USB 2.0/3.0 situation is an interesting one. We know that many systems with USB 3.0 are shipping with an older driver that leads to weird results like the one you have described on their computers’ USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0 reports). Intel actually has created a support page with the latest drivers, but we need to confirm that your system uses the chipset for which these drivers were written.

Could you go to http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…, download the support tool that is linked there, and run it?

Please send the output file it creates to support@plugable.com via e-mail and just mention my name in the e-mail so that it gets routed to me. This will give me the info I need about your system to know if you need the updated USB drivers.

I will manage any additional correspondence with you via the private ticket that will be created by your e-mail to support@plugable.com.

Thanks for your patience with the support process. Let me know if you have any problems with the support tool. I’ll look forward to your e-mail with the log files.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies