TBT3-UDV, MacBook Pro with Touchscreen, and 2 acer monitors

Hello, I was so excited to finally receive my TBT3-UDV and am using a 2016 MacBook Pro (e.6GHz In tel Core i7, Radeon Pro 450 2 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB with 2 Acer monitors. I have one DisplayPort to Thunderbolt 3 for one monitor which is the primary one and that one is working fine. The second monitor is being run with an HDMI cord to DisplayPort adapter which has been provided by Plugable. Both monitors work fine when my laptop is open. But when I close it, both monitors toggle off and then only the primary monitor (Display Port to Thunderbolt 3) powers back on. The other one remains black and won’t come back on. I have the setting to keep them on when the laptop is on the charger (which is being charged by the docking station). What can I do to fix this? I am not sure if I should try ordering additional cords and if so, Display Port to Display Port? And advice would be appreciated. Oh, by the way I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

I think I am having a similar problem. I just purchased the TBT3-UDV and have a similar setup; but my monitors are both DisplayPort, one using the Plugable USBC to DP adapter cable. I don’t know how to work around it yet but I hope one of us figures it out!

I was hoping someone would read this over the weekend and solve our problem but it looks like we might have to wait until Monday. I purchased an additional double ended display port cable so I’ll try that out and see if it makes a difference…I’ll let you know. :slight_smile:

So it now works correctly! I replaced the Plugable converter cord with a double ended Display Port cord. So one monitor is ran this way and the other is run using the USB-C to Display Port cable provide by plugable. When I reran it this way, it swapped my primary monitor and secondary monitor but that is fine. I am not able to awaken both monitors by moving the mouse or pushing a key. :slight_smile: I hope yours works too Jeff.