TBT3 Issues with charging, USB switching support, & multi seperate pc opertation

Hi,

I purchased a TBT3. #1 it says that the cable is “slow charging”, use the cable that came with the dock. It is, so that’s not it. #2 I have a USB switch setup for my Surface Pro 8 and another work CPU. It no longer works, even through it is plugged into the TBT3.

Im not sure whats going on, but I chose your firm after lots of research. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Derek

Hello Derek,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your Thunderbolt 3 device, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue.

First, can you clarify the exact model of Thunderbolt 3 docking station that you have? The model number should be located on the underside of the dock itself as well as the packaging and quick start guide.

Next, you mention that you are using a USB switch in your setup. Can you clarify the purpose of the switch? Are you using it to simply share a USB peripheral between two devices, or are you attempting to connect the host connection of the docking station to the switch?

Lastly, some steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals and displays connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect the docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and displays, then test for functionality

Please let me know if this helps at all.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.