Surface Pro display and type pad issues after disconnecting

I turned on my Surface Pro 4 after using the UD-3900 dock the day before. Although the Surface recognized my type cover, I could not get it to work. Also, the screen orientation was stuck upside down and no matter what I did, I could not get it to go back and auto-rotate would not work. I did hard shut downs, I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I rolled back Windows, I ran all Windows updates, and nothing worked. The Surface is brand new, so I reset Windows to get everything back to normal. Is this a glitch? Did I do something wrong when I disconnected the dock? I really like the UD-3900, but I can’t have this happen again. Thanks

Hi Steve, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that your Surface Type Cover stopped working after disconnecting our dock and I will be happy to help!

We have had a lot of positive feedback from customers using our dock with a Surface Pro 4 and we have never received a similar report of this behavior happening after disconnecting from our dock, so I am curious what we may find.

Unfortunately, I can’t declare with certainty what may have happened as we have not experienced this before, but I would be happy to take a look at some log files without our dock connected to see if any variables jump out to me. We’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug . Please send us the file that is created on your Desktop to our direct support email at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 157303’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We will examine the logs and determine next steps from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Since I reloaded Windows last night, I doubt that there is any data to look at. What is the proper way to disconnect the dock from the Surface to make sure that all of the the Surface settings, drivers, etc. go back to its undocked state?

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. The only way to disconnect our dock is to just unplug the USB cable from your system. However, you may try shutting down your system or closing the lid before unplugging our dock, but I would expect things to work as expected by just unplugging the USB cable.

Regards,

David W
Plugable Technolgies