I can’t seem to get my monitor to be detected - I am using an ASUSPro laptop. It does work with the specific ASUS docking station but i wanted a spare so tried this. Any advice?
Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help! You don’t mention specifically, but I will assume you are using our UD-3900 Dual Display docking station (let me know otherwise).
The first thing to check is that the the monitor is securely connected to the dock using a known good cable, and a good test is to swap in another HDMI or DVI cable to make sure the cable itself isn’t the problem.
If the cable checks out, the next thing to check is that the correct source input on the monitor is selected. In some cases monitors will not auto-switch between multiple inputs and you need to use the buttons on the monitor itself to ensure the correct input is active.
Assuming both the cable and input check out, the next step is to ensure the DisplayLink driver for the dock is in a good state by performing a ‘clean’ install. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- If running Windows 10, please run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates to Windows 10. If not running Windows 10 just skip this step.
- Now download and install the 7.9 M3 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Let us know if that helps when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.