I have been using my plugable USB 2 since August 2013 to link to a monitor without any problems, then suddenly today there is no light on the adapter. The monitor works fine, I’ve switched over monitors and there is no problem there, I’ve rebotted my laptop. When I pull the USB cable from the laptop it makes the acknowledging sound that something is removed or added. Can you help please?
I am sorry to hear this! I would like us first to try a clean DisplaLink driver installation. Please perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the display adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…
- Reconnect the display adapter to the computer and test.
If we end up with the same symptoms, I would need to take a closer look via PlugDebug. Please head over to -> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug. There you will find a download link as well as instructions. Please be sure to have the display adapter plugged in and attached to the monitor when running this tool and attach the resulting zip file in the reply to email@example.com (this forum does not support attachments). Once we have the .zip file it generates, we will get a better idea of how to best proceed.