Spectre x360 (late 2016) graphics adapters

I am wondering if either the “Plugable ThunderboltTM 3 Dual HDMI Adapter for Windows” or “Plugable ThunderboltTM 3 Dual DisplayPort Adapter for Windows” will work on the HP Spectre x360 Kaby Lake (In particular I have model w0-30ca)?

I am not sure if the thunderbolt ports on the computer are wired for dual display ports. The compatibility table does not have this computer model.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting! We do not have your specific system in our test lab, and as you mention we don’t have any information for your particular model HP system in our compatibility table. As a result unfortunately we cannot guarantee our Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Dual DisplayPort adapter will be compatible with your system. Apologies if that sounds overly negative but we like to do our best to set honest expectations up front to help prevent frustration later on.

That said, if you elect to proceed with a purchase and find that our adapter is compatible we would appreciate the feedback as it will help us to help others in the future. If things do not work as expected, we offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy on all products sold by Plugable Technologies and fulfilled by Amazon.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks, I will give it a try I think and let you know.

Perhaps you can clarify the following: why do the two adapters I mentioned above say they are windows-only while “Plugable USB 3.1 Type-C to HDMI 2.0 Adapter” is okay for any OS? Aren’t they using the same display port stuff? USB C confuses me to no end…

Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting back. To your question, the products you mention use different protocols to communicate and our Thunderbolt 3 adapter relies on drivers from within the OS in order to work. The USB-C adapter does not have such requirement, hence the different messaging.

Bob