Slow response connecting to desktop computer

Most of the time I use my UD-3900 to connect a desktop computer (a Lenovo M800 Tower machine with Win 10 Pro and 36 GB RAM) to two monitors. When I need to use my laptops, I simply unplug the USB cable from the desktop and connect it to the laptop. So far I haven’t experienced any issue with the laptops (either a Dell mobile workstation or a Lenovo Yoga). However, when it’s connected to the desktop machine, every so often, response from mouse click becomes very slow. This is particularly obvious when clicking on the web browser tabs. It takes about 2-3 seconds to switch the tabs. If I unplug the USB cable from the machine and re-plug it, then the problem goes away. Then a few hours later, the problem would come back again. Very frustrating.

Hello and thank you for posting!

I am sorry things are not working as expected when using your docking station with your desktop system and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided that is much appreciated. Given that things work as expected when the dock is used with your laptop systems, that lets us know that the dock itself is working properly and to focus on your desktop system itself.

To that end, the behavior you describe is not expected so our next step is to get some additional information.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to your desktop system and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com Please reference ‘Ticket # 290794’ in the subject line.

This will allow us to match things up and allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

** Please also include the Amazon Order ID number for the dock purchase **

** Please do not post the PlugDebug file or the Amazon Order ID number in our public forum **

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.