I have a windows 10 laptop and I’m using the plugable USB 3.0 docking station to add 2 monitors - 1 to replicate the laptop screen which then gets closed and tucked away, and 1 to extend the screen. When I run Powerpoint 2013 with a slideshow in presenter mode, the laptop screen shows presenter mode, the extended screen the slideshow but the monitor to replicate the laptop screen goes blank. Can this be fixed?
Slideshow presenter mode issue with Powerpoint 2013 and plugable docking station
Thanks for contacting us! We’re sorry that your docking station setup isn’t working with Powerpoint as expected. I’m happy to help.
It sounds like the behavior you described can be corrected by adjusting Powerpoint’s slideshow settings. When you get the chance, please open Powerpoint 2013 and follow the instructions below:
- Click the “Slide Show” ribbon in the upper left menu area.
- In the “Slide Show” menu option, click “Set Up Slide Show”
- On the bottom right of the new window that pops up, there’s a “Multiple Monitors” section. In the “Slide show monitor” drop down, select your preferred monitor for the presentation.
- Confirm that the “Use Presenter View” option on the bottom right is checked.
- Press the “OK” button to save the settings.
If the above steps help, great! Otherwise, can you please let me know whether or not the internal display of the laptop still appears to be turned on while the lid is closed? If you’re unsure, can you please send me the brand and specific model of the laptop being used in this setup? There’s a couple of other settings we can try adjusting, and that information will be most helpful.