Setting up a 3rd external monitor on HP Touchsmart 610-1250x

Hello,

I’ve just tried adding a 3rd external monitor to my HP Touchsmart 610-1250x using a Plugable USB-VGA-165 USB to VGA Adapter, the first two monitors work great but I can’t get this one to show up, the computer recognizes it but no signal, do you’ll know if I’m over-extended or am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help!

Hi webventureone,

Thanks for posting your question here, I’ll be happy to help. My first question is, how are the other two monitors connected? Do you have two in addition to the main display?

My other question is if the DisplayLink software installed correctly or not. If so, you should see a blue square Icon in the system tray near the clock.

Let me know these additional details and we’ll figure out next steps.

Thanks for your patience,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

Thanks for the quick reply, I figured it out. The USB cable that came with the Plugable unit was bad, I switched it out with my external hard drive cable and now it works fine.

I have a question for you about that, I ordered this off Amazon and I’ll have to return the whole unit just for a cable to be replaced, would you’ll be willing to just send the cable so I don’t have to return the whole unit to Amazon? I can provide the Amazon order details or whatever you need.

In answer to your question- I have 3 monitors in addition to the main display and have them all hooked up with Plugable units :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi webventureone,

We’ll be happy to send you a new cable. Just send a mail with your Amazon Order Id and the address you want me to send it to over to support@plugable.com.

Thanks for your troubleshooting,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies