screen resolution detects, but nothing displayed on the new monitor.

I have installed the newest driver in my Dell laptop and the monitor was detected on screen resolution however, when i click on identify there is no number showing on the new monitor and also when i move the application window on new monitor, nothing displayed.

I have UGA 3000 but my laptop has usb 2.0 only.

Hi Behzad,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Just to make sure we have all of the right information, could you please keep everything connected and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Then, attach the output .zip file that will be located on your desktop, and send it in a direct email to support@plugable.com, with “Ticket no. 204444” in the subject line.

Also, when connecting the individual display to the UGA-3000, are you utilizing a direct DVI to DVI based cable, or a specific adapter or conversion cable?

Would it also be possible to obtain a screen shot of your “Windows Display Settings” menu, with the individual display connected showing the strange numbering error?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Behzad in order to gather some additional information to help, but we did not receive a response back.

If anyone has any similar issues or has any questions related to their UGA-3000 and their configuration, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support