Recording devices not detected when paired with headphones.

Hi,
Im using Bose QuietComfort 35, which got a microphone and I make calls perfectly fine with my phone. However they are not working on PC Skpye calls with Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0. The headphones are only shown in the playback devices list not the recording devices.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that there are problems using the Bose QuietComfort 35 to make phone calls via Skype. I would like to help.

Bluetooth headsets have two distinct modes that they can operate in. One provides high-quality stereo audio playback, and the other allows for voice communications by having microphone input and low-quality monoaural audio playback (HFP/HSP).

• A2DP — Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
• HFP — Hands-Free Profile
• HSP — Headset Profile

Phones are typically very good about managing which mode is active depending on whether a phone call is being received, or if you’re listening to music. However, Windows frequently does a poor job of managing these different modes of operation, and only one mode can be active at a given time. Likely what is happening is that the headphones are only being presented as an A2DP Bluetooth device rather than allow HSP/HFP operation.

To assist better with this issue, could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand the current configuration of your computer and help with what to do next.

To do this, please have the adapter plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once you get the file, please send it to support@plugable.com and use the subject line “For Ticket #158768”.

Thanks!