Just installed software and plugged in a UD-3900 to replace a Targus bar and not getting any love. If I leave the UD-3900 plugged in while rebooting, the computer will not restart until I unplug the new docking station. Audio, keyboard and Ethernet do not work but aux hard drive does. My monitor will connect for about 9 seconds before it reverts back to the laptop. Any suggestions? Earlier I got a message that I got a screen shot of if that helps: !](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1377133/Screenshotnotingissueswithnewdockingstation_inline.jpg?1457222221)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1377133/Screenshotnotingissueswithnewdockingstation.jpg?1457222221)
Thanks for posting. I’m sorry your new UD-3900 dock isn’t working as expected, and I would be happy to help.
Thanks for including the screenshot! The error message shows that it appears Windows is having problems installing some of the driver components, so based on that and your the description of the behavior while booting our first step to is ensure the DisplayLink driver is in a good state by performing a ‘clean’ install. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Let us know if that helps when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.