Popping sound from monitor speakers using UD-3900

Hi, strange/annoying problem here-

I’m using a UD-3900 to dock a Sony Vaio laptop (Windows 10). I have two monitors plugged into the dock – an HP w2207h via HDMI and a Dell via DVI. Recently there’s started a regular popping sound from the HP monitor’s internal speakers (about every minute or two). When I plug the monitor directly into the laptop via HDMI, no popping sound; that leads me to think the problem is with the UD-3900 and/or Windows 10 upgrade. (note: I also have external speakers plugged into the UD-3900, but unplugging those does not seem to affect the issue)

Any thoughts? Thanks

Ian

Hello Ian,

I am sorry to hear this. This is a very strange issue! My first thought is to (as a test) to disconnect the docking station from your computer and power and to isolate the docking station to a different wall outlet (no surge protector or power strip). Please let me know if this helps

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies

Thanks for the reply Patric. Following your advice above, I tried plugging the dock into a different outlet (vs. previous outlet/power strip I was using). Unfortunately, the popping is still there. I was hoping you’d hit on an interesting cause. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

I am continuing the conversation directly to your email.

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies