Pluggable USB-C docking station won't seem to output to 2nd display when connected to my 2016 MBP

Everything on my USB-C docking station seems to work well except that it wont output to a 2nd monitor from my 2016 MacBook Pro. Doesn’t seem to matter what I do, it acts as if there’s nothing plugged into the port. Neither HDMI nor DVI work.

Am I missing something?

Found the issue. Was unaware that I needed to download/install a driver in order to use the 2nd display port. Would have been nice if that was mentioned anywhere in the instructions manual or something.

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, as well as finding out the issue and solving it! I am glad everything is working.

We advise inside of the instructions that the DVI and 2K HDMI port utilize the DisplayLink chipset, and require the latest DisplayLink drivers to be installed. We also send an automated email pointing to the driver location to download and install from.

Please let me know if you run into any other issues, or have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

It looks as if Mike was able to resolve his issue by updating and installing the correct DisplayLink drivers. We just wanted to make sure we are providing the right information inside of the listings and product pages, as well as the quick start guide that is included with the unit!

If anyone has any similar questions or concerns, or if Mike would like to continue to troubleshoot, feel free to contact us directly at support@plugable.com

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support