Pluggable UD-3900 docking station doesn't appear as a displaylink and no monitors, or ethernet

I have been using Pluggable UD-3900 docking station for a while. I started a laptop I am using again after a break and neither of the monitors were working. In windows display settings, it would not detect any external monitors. The ethernet isn’t either. It is not displaying either in manage either.

I followed all the below steps. But is still not working.

1. Please disconnect the dock from the system and please disconnect the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep everything disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, please just move onto the next step.
  3. I looked on this forum and saw mention of the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner utility, so I grabbed and installed that too found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot the system (even if not prompted to).
  5. Now download and install the LATEST 10.2 M2 DisplayLink software driver from PLUGABLE.
  6. Reconnect the power cable to the dock. Once the dock is powered on (a blue light will be present on the front), reconnect it to your system.

The device is not detected, I have tried rebooting the system.

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-3900 docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 379238” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Dominic,

My apologies for the confusion! I see you have sent us logs via ticket #379240, and will follow up via that email thread.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.