Plugable USB Display Adapter Issue

Plugable USB Display Adapter Issue
When I first installed the driver and plugged in the USB graphics adapter I was very impressed. I have two matching ViewSonic 24” monitors… both looked and responded equally. I could watch video with no problem on the either monitor at 1920 x 1080.
I have no idea what happened, but after only one day the USB run monitor has a problem even opening a low resolution photo. I switch monitors , removed and then reinstalled the driver, but no change. I have three prior purchases of USB video adaptors that have better response than what I am getting with the new adaptor. The reason I bought it was the reviews indicated it was superior and ran the way it did when I first installed it.
Any idea what happened? I s there something I can do, or did the adapter go bad? I’m hope you can help to solve the problem and I can add to the positive reviews of the adapter.

Hi Joe!

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that you’ve been having problems with our USB Graphics adapter! We’ll get you up and running!

Some questions to narrow the issue down:
* Which one of our USB Graphics adapters has started having those problems?
* Can you give us some more details on the nature of the problems? Is it screen corruption ? (e.g. horizontal or vertical lines), does the screen flicker or anything like that?
* Is the green led on the device on? or does it go off ?

Once we have this information we’ll be able to suggest next steps!

Regards,
Lampros

* Which one of our USB Graphics adapters has started having those problems?

Plugable USB 2.0 Display Adapter

* Can you give us some more details on the nature of the problems? Is it screen corruption ? (e.g. horizontal or vertical lines), does the screen flicker or anything like that?

Small resolution photo will not open.

Video will not play.

Locks up.

* Is the green led on the device on? or does it go off ?

I don’t see a green led on the adapter.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for that information! What is the Operating System you’re using?

If you’re using Windows 7, can you try to run the Aero troubleshooter and let us know if it finds and fixes any problems?

Microsoft has a page on using it here.

Regards,
Lampros