Plugable USB C to M.2 NVMe Tool-free Enclosure

I just received the subject enclosure, populated it with a Sabrent Rocket Q NVME PCIe m.2 2280 SSD and plugged it into the USB C port on my ASUS ROG Strix X-399 MB with the provided cable. The unit is so constantly connecting/disconnecting that it is unusable. Is there a solution to this behavior, or am I going to have to return the unit?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The issue you describe is caused by the combination of the enclosure and the Sabrent Rocket Q’s Phison NVMe controller. We have released a firmware update to our enclosures that should resolve this issue.

The firmware update is available from our website here ( https://plugable.com/drivers/hddockfirmware/#nvme ) and includes installation instructions in the README.PDF inside the compressed zip file. I recommend removing the Sabrent Rocket from the enclosure before updating the firmware.

Please let me know if you run into any problems updating the firmware and I will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies