Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter disconnects at 10 feet

Usb 4.0 bluetooth adapter disconnects at 10 feet.Which is at the doorway.I am unable to use it in the adjacent room It is still paired when i walk it back …it reconnects at around 4 feet.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. Our adapter has a specified range of 10 meters (about 32 feet) in open space, but an obstacle like a wall can easily block this, depending on what the wall is made of and other factors in the environment. You have to be closer to reconnect because the connection process requires a stronger signal than just streaming sound.

In cases like yours, we often find that radio noise around the adapter can contribute to the shortened range, especially if the adapter is plugged into a poorly-shielded USB 3.0 port or into the the back of a desktop computer. Unlike laptops, most desktops don’t have any shielding from the radio noise produced by their components.

Of course it is also possible that something is wrong with the adapter and has reduced the range, but we don’t often see this. If it is the adapter, we will send a replacement.

While we have some workarounds that can reduce the affect of the radio noise, it may not be possible to get good sound on the other side of the wall. If that is the case, we can help arrange a refund, either through Amazon’s 30-day return policy or directly.

Could you please answer a few questions that will help me understand the situation?

1. Is the adapter plugged into a laptop or a desktop?

2. If the adapter is plugged into a desktop, is it plugged into the back?

3. Is it plugged into a USB 2.0 port (usually white or black tab inside) or a USB 3.0 port (usually a blue tab inside).

Thank you,

David
Plugable Support

Laptop 2.0 usb
Reconnect at around 4 ft.
This is even after I turned off my Viotek Wireless mouse and pulled it’s USB adapter… remember it’s wireless not a Bluetooth mouse.
Connected to my phone my bluetooth earbuds can walk out of the same room 10 foot and then walk another 10 foot turn the corner into the kitchen with the wall between me from where I began.
My only goal here is to connect to the laptop with a mouse and a keyboard while using HDMI cord to play movies on my TV that’s in front of me right now

I think I need to renforce this so you fully understand .I bought the USB adapter not for sound but to use it with the Bluetooth keyboard that I’ve been talking about for 2 days.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your message. We will test an adapter here for proper range and send it to you as a replacement. Could you please send your Amazon order number for the adapter and your current shipping address to me at support@plugable.com?

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support