Plugable USB 3.0

HP Elitebook notebook (brand new)
2 HP ProDisplay P232 monitors (brand new)
Plugable USB 3.0 Model UD-3900 (brand new)

Issue: Monitor connected through VGA works fine; Monitor connected via HDMI to Display Port does not work at all.

Neither monitor has an HDMI connector – both are Display Port connections – I used an HDMI to Display Port adapter when connecting the 2nd monitor.

The dual monitor system is critical for my work. Please help me troubleshoot this issue.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting!

Thank you for the description of the issue as well as details about the setup and its cables. Unfortunately, the DisplayPort to HDMI cable is the culprit here…

DisplayPort to HDMI cables are not bidirectional, which means that they only function in one direction – from a DisplayPort output to a HDMI input. It will not work when connected backwards, such as from the HDMI output on the UD-3900 to a DisplayPort input on your monitor.

What other video input ports are available on your DisplayPort monitor? We’ll want to investigate other cabling options for you.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.