Plugable USB 3.0 I/O card does not appear in Windows Server 2008 R2 Devise Manger.

After I installed the card and drivers it did not appear in the Devise Manager. I installed it into Dell PowerEdge 1950 with Widows Server 2008 R2. I used both 2.1.28.0 and 3.0.20.0 with the same result. Once after I have rebooted it gave me BSOD and now it showing the Error on the Power indicator E171F PCIE Fatal Error B0 D4 F0

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for posting your question here about installing the Plugable PCIE-USB3-SP in your Dell PowerEdge. Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience installing the card in your machine. If I’m correct, your system has 2 PCI-X8 slots available. If that is the case, I’m afraid our PCI-e card may not be compatible as it support X1 slots only.

Let me know if you do have the card installed in an X1 slot and we’ll be happy to figure out the next steps to troubleshoot.

If it’s not in an X1 slot, please send us and email with your Amazon order id and a link to this thread so we can get you fixed up.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Hi Jerome,

Yes I do have this card installed in the PCI-X8 slot. However, after inserting and reinserting this card 3 times and installing and reinstalling the drivers I was able to see it in the Device Manager. However, so far, I got 2 BSOD, but it was before I was able to connect the hard drive to it. Let me see how it will perform for a couple of days. If I don’t have BSOD anymore, I will use it.

Thanks,
Alex

Again got a BSOD. Will have to return it. Unforunatelly!