Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter for Acer Iconia A500

Hi.
Can you send my a instruction to install driver for this Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter .

I have a Acer Iconia A500 with Android 3.0

Best regards
Baldur Magnusson

Baldur,

Thanks for posting your question here! Android does not have any installable drivers and it does not have built in drivers for the Plugable USB 2.0 Gigabit LAN Network Adapter. Sorry about that!

Product Quality and Customer Satisfaction is top priority for us. We don’t ever want customers stuck with products that aren’t right for them.

So if you did buy the Plugable USB 2.0 Gigabit LAN Network Adapter to use exclusively with the Acer Iconia A500, we recommend you return the product for a full refund. We offer 30-day hassle free returns via http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/…

Let us know if you have any trouble with the Amazon process.

If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products, feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Hi Roze

in the webside ASIX Electronics Corporation are this in the list of driver for AX88178 hardware

AX88178 Linux kernel 2.6.38 For Android 1.x/2.x/3.0, Linux kernel 2.6.14 and later 29.7 KB v4.1.0 2009-03-27

http://www.asix.com.tw/download.php?s…

is this not right information.

Best regards

Baldur Magnusson

Hi Baldur,

Unfortunately, those are not end-user installable drivers.

The ASIX drivers can be compiled in by an Android developer (e.g. the phone or device maker). However, Android is not like Windows, Mac, etc. in terms of an ability to install new drivers.

Now, that also means the drivers could be used by a very technical end-user who knows the Android build environment and can root their machine. But that’s not most of us. :slight_smile:

So the short answer is “no” on Android compatibility for this adapter. But hopefully over time, more device makers will choose to include these USB gigabit drivers in their build, so tablets and other devices could use the faster and more secure connectivity of a wired network.

If you do hear of a device which does include these drivers, we’d love to know about it.

I hope that background helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again for asking!
Bernie