Plugable USB 2.0 ethernet Adapter not loading

I’m trying to install a plugable usb2.0 ethernet adapter on Windows Vista. The set up doesn’t work, and the CD doesn’t install the program. There are no on-screen messages or errors. Iris

Hi Iris,

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support, I’ll be happy to assist. There’s a couple of ways to get the driver for the USB to Ethernet drivers installed. Probably the easiest way is to let Windows update find and install the device automatically. If you have a WIFI or other network connection on the machine you want to install it on, just plug it in and wait a few minutes. Windows will take care of the installation itself.

If Windows update is not an option, you can use the setup disk. Just load it into your CD drive and navigate to the Windows directory on the CD. Then enter the Windows Vista directory, and right click on the file called Setup-Windows-Vista-AX88178-1.x.3.14.exe and choose “Run as administrator”.

This will install the drivers for your USB to Ethernet device.

If you have the 10/100 Ethernet adapater, not the USB to Gigabit adapter the instructions are the same, but the path will be slightly different to the install program.

Let me know how it goes, and if it’s still not working, let me know what happens when you try to run the install program and which USB to Ethernet adapter you have.

Thanks,
Jerome.