I have a Plugable UD-3900PDZ USB-C Docking Station, bought in July 2021. For some reason it no longer can be powered up. I confirmed that I don’t have power source problem.
Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!
Based on your description I would like to start by resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, please perform the following:
- Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
- Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
- Restart the computer
- In Windows 10: Start > ( Power Icon ) > Restart
- In macOS: Apple Menu > Restart
- After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
- Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
- Verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on when connected
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer
- Please be sure to use the original USB cable provided with the docking station
- Connect the cable directly from the docking station to the computer, adapters, hubs, or cable extensions may reduce the docking station’s capabilities or prevent detection
- Check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please let me know
- Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.
Please let me know if this helps, if not we can start the warranty replacement process:
To ensure your privacy, I recommend moving to direct email support for the warranty replacement process. Please send an email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line “Ticket #364560 - Attention Pat”. In the email body, please let me know the Amazon Order ID ( available from amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the UD-3900PDZ ( in the form of “###-######-#######” ). Additionally, please let me know the serial number from the bottom of the docking station in the form of “####A#####” just below the “FCC” and “CE” marks on the label. Finally please include your preferred shipping address for receiving the replacement UD-3900PDZ, for addresses outside of the United States please include a phone number we can provide the shipper in case they need to contact you to arrange delivery.
Thank you, and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
This issue was resolved via direct email by sending a replacement docking station with power supply to ensure both components were working correctly.
We’re closing this thread, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.