Plugable Portable Tablet Stand with Bluetooth Speakers

I need help learning how to connect my 2012 Nexus 7 Android 4.4.2 Tablet to the Plugable Portable Tablet Stand with Bluetooth Speakers by NFC. I can connect by Bluetooth but I can’t connect with NFC. I followed all the instructions I can find, but it only wants to connect with Bluetooth. Please help.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

Most likely NFC is not enabled in your Nexus 7 settings menu. Please double check for that, once enabled, the NFC receiver in your tablet is located near the NEXUS logo on the back. To connect, align the NEXUS and NFC logo on the stand and it should ask you if you want to connect.

We have a video here pairing our Nexus 7 2012 via NFC:

http://youtu.be/JaAThDXM2CA?t=3m48s

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Josh,

No, the Settings are the first thing I checked; NFC is definitely enabled on my Nexus 7 Tablet.

However, I did just watch your video and I can get that result! My point is that once the Tablet asks if you want to pair and you say Yes, it is connected by BLUETOOTH. I thought it was supposed to be connected by NFC? What you seem to be doing is only using NFC to INITIATE the Bluetooth connection. Is that true?

If you’ll excuse me for saying so, that is a rather silly distinction. Whether you bring the 2 devices close together and connect Bluetooth to Bluetooth, or you pair by NFC to INITIATE Bluetooth connection, the result is the same: The speakers are actually connected for use via Bluetooth. NFC is an unnecessary intermediate.

So there are only 2 ways to connect your speakers to a device: 1) An audio jack wire and 2) Bluetooth connection. There is no 3rd NFC connection. I think you should make that clearer in your advertising. I think this is rather misleading especially NFC is such an underused function.

Greg

Hello Greg,

We’re sorry if there was any confusion in our Amazon listing.

When you say “What you seem to be doing is only using NFC to INITIATE the Bluetooth connection. Is that true?” and “NFC is an unnecessary intermediate.”

This is correct. NFC is only used to skip the normal Bluetooth connection process, it is essentially a shortcut to bypass system menu settings for Bluetooth connections.

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Hi, My tablet stand does not work. I have tried everything. The only thing that comes out of it is static. Please Help.

Does your Tablet show that it connected to the stand via Bluetooth? Do you know what I mean? Have you paired and connected the 2 devices properly? And nothing else is also connected to the stand, like maybe your cell phone?

Yeah it’s paired and everything. There is no sound coming from the speakers though.

When you say there is no sound coming from the speakers in the stand, is it just quiet with some static? Or can you hear what you are supposed to hear coming from the speakers in the Tablet itself? What if you go the direct route and plug them together with the wire? Do you get sound then? Have you adjusted the volume control on the tablet?

It is quiet with static and there is no sound from my tablet. I have tried to use the included cord, but there is no success.

I guess the speakers in the stand are just broken then. Faulty wiring or something. One last thing I can think of is that you probably have a computer with bluetooth capability. “Connect” the speakers in the stand to your computer through bluetooth and see whether you can hear sound. Get away from the Tablet idea and test the speakers. I have done this with my stand and my computer. I know it works.

I tried this and it does not work.I think its faulty. Thanks for the help though.