Plugable Docking Station: Issues with internet browsers on 2nd monitor

I just bought the Plugable docking station and am having issues with browsers being displayed on the 2nd monitor.

These are straight forward browsers (Firefox, IE, and Chrome) not running any videos or anything like that.

The browser windows get all screwed up on the 2nd monitor.

This only seems to be an issue with browser windows. MS office or Outlook windows are all fine.

Hi Nhu,

Thanks for posting your question here! I am sorry to know that you are having trouble with the display connected through the graphics port on the Plugable Docking Station.

Some quick questions to understand the setup and the issue better-:

1. As we have two models of Docking Station, which is the model that you have? Is it the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A or the Plugable Docking Station DC-125? If you have trouble figuring out which one you have, just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread and we will pull that information from there.

2. What is the make and model (or specs) of the computer system and the current version of OS installed?

3. What is the version of DisplayLink driver installed on the system?

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Thanks for your patience while we figure this out!

Regards,
Roze

Hi Roze,
here are the answers to your questions:

1. I have the Plugable Docking Station UD 160A

2. The computer is a Lenovo x220 running Windows 7, 64 bit

3. I’m not sure how I figure this out and will need some guidance.

Thanks,

Nhu

Nhu,

Thanks for the information! Since the system is running Windows 7, the first thing to try with display related issues on Win 7 or Vista is to check whether Windows Aero is disabled (unfortunately it’s common).

Can you run the Win 7 Aero troubleshooter and see if that identifies/fixes any problems and helps? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wi…

Just let us know. We’ll figure out next steps.

Regards,
Roze

Hi Roze,
I just ran the instructions from the link that you provided and it seems to work. I’ll let you know if issues pop up again.

Thanks!

Nhu

Nhu,

Glad to know that enabling Windows Aero by running the Win 7 Aero Troubleshooter fixed the issue! If Aero is disabled on Windows Vista/Windows 7, the OS automatically disables the Desktop Window Manager which many of the latest display drivers (including ours) depend on to render graphics.

Feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze