Plugable-controlled monitor duplicates primary screen

I have a dual adapter on my Windows Vista machine and use Plugable for the 3rd screen. But it displays a duplicate of my primary screen! I’ve tried running with 1 screen enabled and with 2 enabled, and in either case the 3rd display duplicates the primary screen. What can I do? Thanks!!!

Hi David,

Thanks for your question. We’re here to help.

In Vista, the default mode when a new display is detected is to mirror the desktop. To change the setting to extended, the fastest method is defined here: http://support.plugable.com/plugable/….

If that doesn’t work, here are step-by-step instructions for switching via the Control Panel.

1. Click the Start button in Windows, then Control Panel, then Appearance and Personalization, then Personalization, and then Display Settings.

2. In the Display Settings dialog, there will be squares representing your external monitors numbered 1, 2, etc. (there will be as many squares as you have external monitors).

3. You need to click on the square that represents the monitor where you want to extend the desktop. If you’re not sure which square represents which monitor, click “Identify Monitors” to show the numbers on the actual monitor screens the squares represent.

4. Click on the appropriate numbered square in the dialog and then check the box next to “Extend the desktop onto this monitor.”

5. Click “OK” to save the settings (or “Apply” to test them out and modify as needed before committing with “OK”).

Finally, we’ve had at least one customer have trouble keeping his monitor in extended mode in Vista because of a service from Nvidia that was running on his computer. If this becomes an issue for you, you might want to scroll down to the final four postings on this support thread for a solution: http://support.plugable.com/plugable/….

Please let me know if this information doesn’t solve your problem with mirror mode or if you have additional questions about Plugable products.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

I am having the same problem with my monitors.

I’m using a HP Probook 4540s with 2 HP EliteDisplays E241i monitors.

I used to have a Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI. This has worked relatively fine for a year or so. But I had some issues lately.
We bought a new one: UGA-4KHDMI.

I unistalled the previous one, installed the new software en added the new device.
I keep having the problem where my 2 monitors are in mirrored mode. No matter what I do I cannot seem to get them to go to extended.

I tried all the solutions in the post (and the links) but nothing works.

Do you have any additional suggestions?

Unrelated old thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Mirror Mode vs. Extend Mode