Plugable 10-port hub does not work on 64-bit windows 7.

The hub does light up with/without power supply attached when plugged into samsung 64-bit windows 7 laptop. No notification from Windows 7 that it is plugged in. Inserting any usb device into any of the 10 ports does not get reflected by Windows and no usb device works plugged into hub.

I don’t remember how or where I ordered it. It seemed to work on Windows 8, but then Windows 8 got unusable, so I switched hub to my laptop. Hub was probably not the cause of unusable Windows 8.

My email address is parkhensley@yahoo.com.

Hi Park,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’d be glad to help! A couple of quick things to verify to help us narrow down the issue:

1. With the power supply plugged in, and only a simple device such as a mouse of keyboard connected to the hub, does Windows acknowledge a connection?
  2. If you connect the hub to your laptop using different USB ports, is the behavior any different?
  3. If you have a different computer by chance, could you test connecting the hub and mouse/keyboard to it and see if it works there?

Just send us your findings to support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot further!

Thanks,
Ellen