Pls help me pimp my displays!

Hello, I am using a Plugable 3.0 USB to DVI adapter with a Dell u2913wm monitor. It is connected to an HP Envy tower via 3.0 USB port (built into tower). The native resolution of the monitor is 2560 x 1080 but the highest I can get with the Plugable is 1920 x 1080. I have updated all drivers for both monitor and Plugable.

Can you help me?

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help!

In looking at the manual for your monitor --> http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all… the specifications state that in order to reach the maximum resolution of 2560 x 1080 over a DVI connection a dual-link DVI device is required. You don’t mention the exact Plugable product you have, but all of our USB video adapters with DVI outputs are single-link devices, and the maximum resolution our newest DVI adapters support is 2048 x 1152. Again looking at your manual, the listed supported display modes jump from 1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1080 with nothing in between. As the monitor cannot honor the request from our adapter to run at 2048 x 1152, it drops down to the common denominator of 1920 x 1080.

All is not lost however…you could purchase one of our UGA-4KDP adapters --> http://plugable.com/products/uga-4kdp and connect that to your monitor using the available DisplayPort input and that will drive the display at its full resolution. As we offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy on all of our products, you can return the current DVI adapter you have to Amazon for a full refund using the automated system at amazon.com/returns.

Let me know if you have any additional questions…

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Bob, thank you so much. I am returning the unit I bought and ordered the one you suggested. Will let you know if that does not solve my issue.

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for getting back so quickly, and you are very welcome. Once you receive the new unit please let us know if you need any additional help!

Thank you,

Bob