Persistent Green Screen on UD-3900 with HDMI-to-DVI and brand new DVI-to-DVI cables

I just purchased the UD-3900 dock at the beginning of March and hooked it up to my Dell u2311h with a DVI-out to HDMI-in cable. Everything was working great for a while. Just three days ago, the only video I get out of the dock is a solid green screen. A replacement DVI-to-DVI cable worked for a split second but then reverted to green screen.

Of course, I’ve restarted the monitor, checked the connections, restarted and tried on two different computers, and also ensured that the DisplayLink manager software is up to date (v8.1.848.0).

Direct connection to the computer produces video as expected.

What more can I do? Is the dock faulty?

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the post! I"m sorry to hear your docking station isn’t working as expected but I’m happy to help.

Thank you, by the way, for all the testing you’ve done ahead of contacting us, that’s a huge help. If it’s ok to get more information from your system. To do so please send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug (http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) to support@plugable.com, which will help us determine the next steps. If you would, please reference “Ticket #178538” in the subject line.

Thank you!

Update: After being disconnected for a few days, I plugged in the dock, the laptop updated the USB2.0 and 3.0 drivers, and everything is now working. Very weird. Running the diagnostic now and will send along anyway.

Hello Matthew,

That’s great news! I apologize for any frustrations our product caused, but I’m glad everything is working as expected. Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues. I’m always happy to help.

Thank you!