only one port works with plugables

I just received the basic keyboard and mouse combo to use with my HP laptop (model G72-250US). My laptop has 3 USB ports. 2 on the left side and 1 on the right. The keyboard and mouse only work when they are plugged in to the USB port on the right side of the laptop. Is there a way to get the ports on the right side to recognize the mouse or the keyboard so the I can use both at the same time?

Hi Trish,

Thanks for posting here! As both the keyboard and the mouse work when connected through the USB port on the right side of the laptop means that both devices are working fine

The fact that the keyboard and the mouse only work when connected to the port on the right side of the laptop but do not work through the USB ports on the left side of the laptop is an indication that the ports on the left side are not functioning properly.

I’d suggest contacting HP to help in resolving this issue. If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We would be glad to help!

Regards,
Roze