only a few ports work

I just purchased a usb 3.0 7-port. The last three ports work (shine brightly in blue) 2,3 & 4 shine very dimly and don’t work when I plug anything in them.

Hi John-

Thanks for posting, I’ll be happy to help!

Double checking to make sure your hub’s power supply is recommended, however there’s a good chance you’ve hit a defective unit.

Please send a mail, attention Jeff, to support@plugable.com with your Amazon order ID, the serial number from the unit, and your shipping information, as well as a link to this thread. This way we can get you taken care of without your needing to publish personal information publicly here.

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
Plugable Technologies

Hi John-

Sorry, I just realized I didn’t finish explain myself fully in my previous response. I think I was re-wording and didn’t paste part of my thought back in.

Having some ports work is often a sign that the power supply isn’t working or isn’t connected. What I meant to say was…

Double checking to make sure your hub’s power supply is working (check the green light on the “brick” portion), and then after making sure the green light is on a quick unplug/replug of the USB cord running from the hub to the PC is necessary to make sure the hub is reporting that it has AC power available to the PC. It may also be necessary to reset the connection from the hub to the PC if the power supply is accidentally unplugged or the power goes out.

If you’ve verified that the power supply is working, have reset the connection between the hub and the PC with an unplug/replug, and are still having issues is when we might suspect a defective.

I’ve received your information in private, please let me know if the reset helps and we can proceed with the exchange if not.

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
Plugable Technologies