Only 2 of 3 monitors recognized by 3 Plugable UGA-3000 USB graphics adapters

Hello;

I have 6 monitors on

VisionTek 900614 Radeon HD 7750 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 6x mini DP Video Card (Eyefinity 6)

6 Plugable Active Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter

they work flawlessly and then i bought 3

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00A2…

and used the VGA analog adapters for 3 new monitors for a total of 9 monitors.

The Plugable UGA-3000 recognized the 3 new monitors and everything worked fine until reboot. Now only 2 of new monitors boot up and its not the same monitors each reboot.

Any suggestions.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help with your new adapters!

As there are a lot variables here, the best approach is to be pragmatic and try and isolate the behavior as best as possible. To that end, a few quick questions for you…as you mention that after each reboot it varies which UGA-3000 adapters are working, the first thing we’ll want to do is isolate if the issue is with one of the adapters or how it is connected to the system.

Are the UGA-3000 adapters connected directly to the system, or are they connected via a USB hub? If connected via the hub, please remove the hub and all of the adapters from the system and then try each adapter one at a time directly connected to the system. If already directly connected remove all of them and try each one, one at a time. This will help rule out a problem with the adapters themselves.

If you could also let us know the model system you are using and the number of other USB devices you have connected (and how they are connected) that would be great. Just let us know the additional information and the results of testing the adapters individually when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support