One Laptop, two UD-3900's

Hello,
We set up a user in our office with a UD-3900 in her office which she plugs her laptop into. She takes her laptop home and has a UD-3900 at her home office as well.

Her laptop is a Toshiba running Windows 10. At both locations we use the HDMI port and the DVI port on the UD-3900 for the monitors.

Everything is working well except for the fact that when she takes her laptop back to her house from the office, her font size is changed from where she set it before she left the house. She does not have the problem when going home to office.

Is there a way to keep the resolution from changing?

Hi Phil, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear of this behavior and I will be happy to help!

Certainly sounds like a tricky issue, thank you for the description! To further clarify the behavior, would you be able to let us know the specific model of Toshiba laptop she is using as well as the brand and models of monitors that are being used in booth locations? I’d like to have a better understanding of the equipment being used in both locations.

Pending that additional information, we will want to examine some debug logs that are gathered from each location. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected and working from the work setup for one log file and with everything connected and the larger font size present at the home setup for the second log file. Please send each file directly to our support email at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 158767’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We will examine the logs and determine next steps from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi David,
I was finally able to collect that information you needed and have now sent it to you via email.

I’m looking forward to learning the results of your investigation.
Thank you,
Phil

I haven’t heard any response to even know if you still care?

Hi Phil,

We have sent several replies to your responses and from my personal email address, but it appears that they are not making it to you. I will paste my latest reply from December 16th below:

"Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the communication issues. I had flagged your last email to follow up in case we had not heard a reply and try contacting you from my personal email. The last emails that I had sent to you was on December 14th, December 6th and then before that on December 1st requesting shipping information in order to send a pre-tested replacement unit. Had you not received those messages? I will paste it below in case you had not:

"Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply and providing both PlugDebug logs from each location, this helps out a lot! In looking at the logs from the home office and I able to see that each of the Samsung monitors are not the recommended resolution for the displays and they are both displaying different resolutions. There doesn’t seem to be a software variable jumping out to me that could impact this as the internal graphic drivers seem up to date and the DisplayLink drivers seem to be in a good state. Also, as things work as expected at the office setup so we’ll want to send a pre-tested replacement docking station to help rule out a hardware issue with the home docking station. Would you be able to let us know the following pieces of information?

1. The Amazon Order ID number for the purchase
  2. The serial number from the bottom of the home docking station
  3. The preferred shipping address to send the replacement dock

Once you have a chance to let us know this additional information we can get the replacement process underway.

Thank you."

Please let us know the above information whenever you have a moment and we will go from there. Hopefully this message makes it to you successfully.

Thank you for your patience,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support"

This was so my bad. The replies were in my spam folder. So SORRY!!!
I’m happy now that I found out you guys were responding.
Thank you,