Not working for Soundbar.

Did not work for me,got it to play music from computer to Sony Soundbar.Tried for ages. Folowed instructions for other problems with soundbars on this forum.No luck.
Soundbar Bluetooth light flashes but computer cant find it.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry about the problems getting it connected.

Could you please answer a couple of quick questions for me:

1. What is the model of the soundbar?

2. What version of Windows do you have?

Thanks!
David
Plugable Support

Soundbar is Sony CT381,Windows 10.64bit.latest version.

Hi David,

Thank you for responding. I apologize for the delay over the holiday weekend.

I would like to ask you to try a step-by step connection process for connecting the speaker to make sure everything is going OK in the connection process. Please go through the steps one-by-one, and if it doesn’t work at any point, please let me know what step that happened.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on any devices in the area that you have previously connected the soundbar to, such as your cell phone and “Unpair” or “Forget” the connection in each device’s Bluetooth settings. This is very important to make sure it doesn’t automatically connect to one of them instead of to the computer.

2. On the computer, click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray and select Add a Bluetooth Device. The Bluetooth & Other Devices window will open (Manage Bluetooth Devices if you haven’t been updated to the Creators update yet).

3. If you see a icon for your soundbar in the window, click Remove Device, then confirm in the next window. If you don’t see an icon, go on to the next step.

4. On your soundbar, press PAIRING. The Bluetooth indicator (blue) will flash quickly.

5. If you are in the Creators update, click the plus (+) sign next to “Add Bluetooth or other device.” The Add a Device window will open. Click Bluetooth.

6. Your computer will scan for Bluetooth devices. A listing for the soundbar should appear. Click it.

7. The soundbar should connect. Its light should go to steady blue. Try playing audio through it. If this doesn’t work, continue with step 8.

8. Right click the speaker icon on in the system tray at lower right.

9. Select Playback devices. The soundbar should be on the list under Speaker or Headphones or its name. Right-click the icon, then click Set as Default device.

10. It should now be working. If it isn’t please let me know at what step the process failed.

Thanks!
David
Plugable Support

Still not working.step 9.Soundbar is not on the list.Blue light on soundbar is flashing.

Forgot to mention I tried playing music through A Roberts radio that has Bluetooth.Windows did pair with it but again it did not show up in playback devices so music would not play.

Update,got it working.Finaly got Soundbar to play music from computer,even my web radio app plays through the Soundbar.Stupid me didn’t notice the Blue tooth pairing button on my remote.Thank you for your help David.

Great! I’m glad you got it working!

David
Plugable Support

Hi David,
I’m going to close this thread to additional comments. If you have any other questions or issues, please open a new thread or contact us directly at support@plugable.com. Thanks!