Not recognizing monitors when plugged into dock

My HP laptop (Intel Core i5-6300U processor, with Intel HD Graphics 520 and running Windows 10) does not recognize either of my two monitors when they are plugged into my UD-3900 dock. The monitors appear to recognize that they are plugged into the dock, e.g., when I unplug the HDMI cable from the dock, that monitor goes from an “Entering Power Save Mode” message to a “No HDMI Cable” message. And when I plug one monitor directly into my laptop’s VGA port, it works without any problems.

Any suggestions?

Monitors:

• Dell ST2310, connecting to dock with HDMI cable
  • Dell 2005FPW, currently connected to laptop with VGA cable but can also connect to dock with DVI cable

Hi JB,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us! I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist.

Based on the description of the issue, we could be dealing with a software or driver related problem. When you have a moment, could you please keep everything connected and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system, then attach the .zip file that will be located on your desktop after you run the application to an email, and email it directly to support@plugable.com. If possible, please include “Ticket No. 196981” in the subject line, so that we can attach it to this information.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone!

We attempted to reach out to JB to help work through and resolve their issue, but we were not able to get a response back. We would be happy to continue troubleshooting with JB, if he would like to follow the instructions we left in our original response.

If anyone else is experience the same or similar issues, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at support@plugable.com

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support