Not recognizing a second monitor

I had only one problem installing my plugable USB 2.0 docking station/terminal. My hp Envy series laptop isn’t recognizing the Samsung monitor plugged into the docking station. It has powered and it’s plugged into the dock. Any suggestions?

Hi Susan,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the the USB 2.0 docking station. Just to be sure I have the right product in mind, is it the Plugable UD-160-A Universal Docking Station?

First, be sure that the monitor is functioning. Try to plug it in directly to the laptop to make sure that the cable and settings are all ok.

Next, check if the displayLink software is installed. You should see a small blue square icon in the lower right corner of your screen, near the clock.

Now, press and hold the “Windows” key and the press the “P” key. Make sure that the you have either extend or duplicate mode selected.

If all of these steps seem ok, and the displayLink software is running, run the displayLink support tool and forward the .zip file that it generates and places on your desktop to support@plugable.com

Here’s a link with instructions on how to do that:
http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

Thanks for your question, I hope this helps!
Let me know how it goes,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies