no work!

Hello. I recently received my order of your plugable unit USB 2.0 4-Port Hub with Battery Charging Function from Amazon. . I wanted to use it to charge my KINDLE FIRE> Can someone tell me why the cable ends do not fit my FIRE. Thank you…am so frustrated!!

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for posting here! Amazon Kindle Fire doesn’t come with any accessories except the charger and they advice you to purchase the USB cable required to connect the Kindle Fire to a computer separately.

You need a USB A to micro B cable to connect the Kindle Fire to a computer system or our Plugable 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub and Fast Charger with 2.5A AC Power Adapter. The USB micro B connector goes into the Kindle Fire and USB A connector goes into the Fast Charging Hub. If you do not have a USB A to micro B cable you might have to buy one.

The USB A to mini B cable included with the Plugable 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub and Fast Charger with 2.5A AC Power Adapter is for connecting the Fast Charging Hub to a computer. The USB A connector goes into the computer and the mini B connector goes into the Fast Charging Hub. This cable cannot be used to connect the Kindle Fire to the Fast Charging Hub.

Kindle Fire and all devices that are BC 1.1 compliant can be charged by the Fast Charging Hub, even without being connected to a computer. But if the Fast Charging Hub is connected to the computer, you will also be able to sync media like audio, video and photos. And not only the Kindle Fire, you can connect other USB devices to the computer through this Fast Charging Hub. Hence the USB A to mini B cable is included in the package.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information or help, please do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com and let us know. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze