No Wired LAN with UD-3900

Hello,
I am using the Plugable UD-3900 Dual Display Universal Docking Station,
I am having an issue with the network connection through this dock.

1. When I plug in the network cable, I do not get a network connection on the connected laptop.
  2. The Router does not show a connection on the associated LAN port.

After looking through some forum postings and replies:
1.I verified that the cable is good by connecting it directly to the laptop. The router port lights up and the laptop switches from wireless to an ethernet connection,
2. I confirmed that the cable is good for a full-duplex connection (checked connection on the router when it was plugged to the laptop, it shows a full duplex connection).
3. Just in case, I also tried another port on the router, and got the same results.

As a result of the testing I have done, it seems to me that the network connection on the UD-3900 dock is faulty.
Please let me know if you need further testing. If not, lets make arrangements to replace the dock with another, fully working one.

Thank you, David

Hi David,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the Ethernet port of your dock isn’t working as expected and I would be happy to help!

Thanks for the test you have performed and the great detail, that helps me a lot. The dock may in fact be faulty as you describe in which case we will of course send a replacement, but to help rule out a software issue that would cause the replacement to behave in the same manner we would like to examine some log files.

If you would, please keep everything connected (including the Ethernet cable to the dock even though it isn’t working) and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to support@plugable.com as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. ** Please mention ticket 132606 in your email, and please include the Amazon Order ID number and the serial number from the bottom of the unit **

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support