No sounds coming out of TV

I have this PLUGABLE UGA-3000 USB 3.0 / 2.0 TO VGA / DVI / HDMI ADAPTER FOR MULTIPLE MONITORS. I’m using Windows 7. I don’t see a USB PnP Sound Device in the list of Sound Playback Devices.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for posting here! Plugable UGA-3000 has a default DVI-I output port. DVI does not have any support for audio. So audio signals will not flow to the monitor/TV that is connected via this adapter. That is the reason you do not see a USB Sound device being listed in the list of playback devices on Sound Control Panel.

Only HDMI supports audio signals. When you connect a monitor/TV to this adapter via HDMI, a passive DVI-I to HDMI adapter is being used. Since the DVI-I port on the adapter does not send any audio signals, this HDMI connection will also not have any audio signal flowing.

If you do want audio to flow through an HDMI connection, you would need to get an adapter that has a default HDMI output port. We recommend using our Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI which has a default HDMI output for use with an HDMI connection where audio is required.

Customer satisfaction is top priority for us. We never ever want customers stuck with products that are not right for their setup. If you do require audio to flow to your TV along with the video signals, I recommend you use our 30 day hassle free return policy to return the Plugable UGA-3000 unit to amazon for a refund via http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/… and get the Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI once the refund is through.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze