Sorry to hear that you are having issues trying to run our PlugDebug tool. Another tool you can try is the DisplayLink Windows Support tool here -> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…, but this does not gather all information that is pertinent to Plugable products.To your question, depending on the age of the computer, the zip file can take a varying amount of time to gather all the information and run reports, but ‘should’ be done in less than 30 minutes time on most systems.
Just to confirm, does your screensaver turn on while you are not connected to our docking station? This is definitely strange behavior that I have not seen before with our docking station or the DisplayLink software.
Pending that information, the only steps that I can provide that may help is to reinstall the DisplayLink drivers and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, but I can’t guarantee results as the DisplayLink software does not interact with the Windows screensaver. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If that helps, great! If not, and without a PlugDebug log and given the frustration, we will want to move forward with processing a return for refund for our docking station as there is not much more we will be able to assist with and we do not want you to be stuck with a device that does not meet your needs. Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Ticket #140197’ in the subject line and we can get this process started.