I have an ethernet cable connected to my USB docking station and the lights on the port are green and orange. When I connect my computer to the USB docking station, I expect for an ethernet network connection to be created, but I do not get one. The computer continues to use the wi-fi connection. I would like help to use the ethernet connection through the docking station.
Thanks for posting and I will be happy to help! Would you be able to temporarily test disabling your Wireless network just to see if the Wired network using our dock is being detected? If it does not display that you are connected to a wired network, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug --> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. Please send us the output file that is created on your Desktop by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Ticket #142648’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We will examine the contents of the log files and determine next steps from there.
Thanks, David. I tried disabling my Wi-Fi adapter and it did not pick up the ethernet network. I have run the debug tool and sent you an email with it attached and the ticket number in the subject.
I too am having this same problem…if it makes a difference, I’m using CAT6 cable with a Windows 10 device. Has there been any progress on this issue?
Sorry to hear that you are also seeing this behavior! The steps that we took to resolve this was to reinstall the DisplayLink software and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure the software that runs our graphics adapter was in a good state. Please try these steps below:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Let us know if this helps or not! If not, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com with the output of our PlugDebug diagnostic utility here -> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug and we will be happy to help!