NO ethernet connectivity

Just received a brand new UD-3900 for my Dell M4800. Plugin and after Win 10.M3 drivers, everything worked, and DHCP picked up a different IP address from WIFI and I had a 2nd IP address. Walked away for an hour, now everything works except the GIG port. keep getting private IP address…unable to acquire a DHCP or static IP address. Cable is recognized (all cabling is new CAT6 with new NetGear GS110TP switch in between Pluggable device) - need this thing working. MS Windows is 10 ver. 1511 OS Build 10586.17

Hi Justino,

Thanks for posting. I would be happy to help with your docking station!

The behavior you describe is interesting in that the Ethernet port was working properly for short period and then fell back to a private address after a DHCP request failed. Just so I am clear on the details, you did in fact try to set a static IP address manually and that also did not work? Can you let me know the status of the lights on the Ethernet port of the dock when the cable is plugged in?

Just to double-check, your network isn’t making use any hardware address authentication like 802.1x that could be preventing the device from connecting to the network is it?

Just let us know the additional information when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

My new Surface Pro 4 does not pass Ethernet either using the brand new 3900.

Device shows Ethernet 5
Unidentified network
Plugable Ethernet

Please help.

Hi production.director,

It seems you also posted in another thread on this forum that your issue appears to have resolved itself on its own. If you have issues in the future, please start a new thread or contact us directly at support@plugable.com and we will be happy to help.

Thank you,

Bob