New TBT3-UDZ monitor issue

yes, I did authenticate.

And I am having to leave tonight, so cannot respond further.

Thanks for the information, and understood that you’ll be unable to respond. I’ll report back with any findings regardless.

Anything new, Josh?

Unfortunately I don’t have much worthwhile to report as of yet. I’ve checked on the other system models and do see that:

• The Acer Swift 514-54T supports USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps) with DisplayPort over USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 (appears functionally identical to your other Acer Swift SF515-51T)
  • The Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB (81F5) supports USB 3.1 (no mention of Gen 1 or 2, or DP support) but does not offer Thunderbolt 3. I suspect this system has a data-only port with no DP capabilities which makes it incompatible with our dock.
  • We would still have expected two displays to function on the Dell XPS 9360, I’ve confirmed it does support two DisplayPort lines from the system graphics card to the Thunderbolt 3 controller.

We don’t have either Acer model for testing in our lab, so this could be an incompatibility with them, but since the Dell which is a system that we know should be compatible is not working and is only giving you one display output, it may indicate a problem with the dock itself (although if a dock issue, I’d have expected neither video output to operate).

We can certainly try a replacement dock and Thunderbolt 3 cable under warranty and see if there’s any improvements, or we can of course still offer a return for a full refund.

Best wishes,
Josh

One more update, speaking with my colleague, we have confirmed our XPS 9360 should indeed support two 4K displays through our TBT3-UDZ. I’d like to gather some additional information from this system if you’re interested in getting this laptop model working with our dock.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your displays attached into XPS 9360 computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the resulting diagnostic zip file, please mention ticket 324299.

Thanks!
Josh

I don’t really want to use this system with the doc as it is older and I’ve replaced it. However, I am curious if the dock is defective and hopeful that one could still work with my ACERs. I realize that is not likely given the behavior on the Dell. And the troubleshooting may be helpful to your team.
Zip file is on its way.

Understood. Thanks for sending the diagnostics! I can confirm they’ve been received.

I’ll take a look to see if anything stands out and report back.

Best,
Josh

Looking at the diagnostics for your XPS 9360, I did see two possible updates:

The other drivers appear to have already been updated (has newest Thunderbolt 3 software and Intel Graphics drivers from Dell).

Best,
Josh

All completed Josh. Sames result. It only connects to one of the twin monitors. I realize the behavior doesn’t point to this, but could the unit just be defective?

It could be defective, since we do expect this dock should be working with that Dell at the very least. I’d be happy to try and replace it under warranty just to rule out this possibility.

I’ll contact you directly through email to request a few details so we can try a known good replacement unit.

Thanks!
Josh

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with running 2x monitors on HDMI

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.